Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My 13 month old iPhone is shot, Apple guy says sorry for your luck.


I am not a person who will ever curse, use profanity,
but today the Apple store
nearly changed all that.
Sunday night I started to notice that a
"this accessory is not for the iphone"

pop-up note, accept nothing was attached to the iphone.
The next morning I noticed the phone hadn't charged even though it was plugged in all night.
For whatever reason the phone wasn't being connected to the
cord to charge the battery.

All I was getting was a red bar that would blink 3 times and shut down the phone.
So I took it to an apple store.
After blowing air in the connector hole and using a microscope to look in the headphone jack he told me the phone was done.

He insinuated that I had gotten moisture inside the phone by telling me the inside of the headphone jack had some corrosion.
He also pointed out the obvious, being the connector on the phone was no good.
Plus He was kind enough to tell me I was eligible for the $199 new phone "upgrade".

"Right, you mean buy a new iphone."
"well, yes."
"I paid $600 for this phone, have only had it for 13 months
and that's it. I'm out of luck?"

"Yep sorry nothing I can do for you."
Up until tonight I have been preaching about how great this phone is.
Even in a few topics on Home theater Forum I questioned some of those who have complained about the iphone.
Now I'm just super ticked that I apparently have no recourse
on this broken iphone.
The apple store guy essentially just shrugged and said too bad, sorry for your luck.
So I suppose I could go back in and speak with a higher up, but I really don't expect it to make a difference.
I'll see how I feel tomorrow.



No comments: