Wednesday, October 1, 2008

BEST BUY saved my butt

It really is true, Best Buy saved me.

I had another iPhone situation this week.

At work my iphone was sitting on the counter
and it suddenly lost the signal
for making and placing calls.
No bars.

So a played around with it for a while, turned it on and off a bunch of times, still no service.

When I got home I used the restore option in iTunes but still no service.

Off to the apple store to speak with an apple "genius"

Just like my previous iphone they looked into
the connector with a microscope and told me
there has been water in the iphone and that's
why i'm having the trouble with the iphone.

Well guess what, there has never been any
water near my iphone at any time
in the 3 weeks I've had the iphone.

My insistence of this fact didn't matter to the "genius" or his boss the manager of the store.
She refused to budge and as before was kind enough to allowme to buy another iphone.

"No thanks" I told her that we need to elevate this to the next level.
All she would come up with was a phone number to Apple's "s.o.s." service line.

Ok so since i did buy the phone at Best Buy I thought i would give that a shot.
Lucky for me they either don't know aout the red dot indicator
or just overlooked it.
They said i could exchange my iPhone for a new one since it was under 30 days.

One half hour later and I had a new 16 gig Iphone.
Thank you Best Buy.

Say what you will about them and their
maligned customer service, it worked today for me.

No comments: