Thursday, October 16, 2008

Phillies are National league Champs 2008





I'm still not sure if it has sunk in yet.
The Phils are in the World Series.
The Fall Classic.

They have made it to the Series only 5 other times and were able to win it only one time in 1980.

Barring a miracle by the Red Sox it looks like they will be playing the
Tampa Bay Rays.

It's been 25 years since the last title
by Philadelphia team, so I'm always reluctant to give in to the excitement.

During my lifetime I've been witness to
The Phils, 76ers and the Flyers win it all.

The best one was when I watched the Phils win the Series
on the front porch of Charlie Mannings house on a little black and white tv with
a bunch of friends in our old neighborhood Kensington.

The first thing I did was jump off the porch and run up the street to were my best friend was and he came running down and he jumped right up into my arms.

I was 17 years old and this was the first time I was old enough to
understand the feeling of watching your favorite team win the big game.

The Sixers won it 3 years later and that has been it ever since.

I am not going to say that this going to be the Phils turn because
there have been too, too many disappointments.

So I'll just watch and if they lose then it's business as usual.

If they manage to beat the Rays then let the celebration begin.

No comments: