I haven't posted anything since the day after they Clinched the division and since then the Phils have played at a record breaking pace. The record they broke isn't one I expected though.
Over the last 8 games they have lost all 8.
This produced at least two records that I became aware of.
Most Losses in a row after clinching the division or the league. Previous record was 5 losses in a row, now the record is eight.
Most consecutive losses after winning 98 games, now at eight.
Most of these were lost because they stopped scoring runs.
They Lost 3 of 4 to the Cards and all four to the Nationals. So after not losing a four game series all season they lose two in a row.
Also included in this are two day/night double header sweeps curtesy of the Mets and Nats.
Yesterday they lost because Pence Dropped a fly all that led to 5 un-earned runs in the inning.
They found all types of ways to lose.
They are stuck on 98 wins and now need to win the last 4 to set the team record for most wins in a season.
- My Phillies Game by Game review: games 2 through 2...
- Game 23 Phils @ Arizona - April 26 2011
- Game 24 Phils @ Arizona April 27, 2011
- Game 25 Mets @ Phils April 29th - 3 games
- Game 26 Mets @ Phils April 30th
- Game 27 Mets @ Phils Sunday night May 1st ESPN ga...
- Game 28 National @ Phils May 2nd
- Game 29 Nationals @ Phils May 4th